Funding the MWCC
The Neighborhood Support Program (NSP)
The Neighborhood Support Program (NSP) was initiated by the City of Cincinnati to provide funds to community councils in support of neighborhood projects and activities. Many councils use these funds to assist with membership drives, publish newsletters, engage in beautification and clean-up activities, provide summer employment or cultural activities to neighborhood youth, and underwrite the cost of sending community leaders to workshops and other training and networking opportunities, among other things. There are currently 51 neighborhood councils recognized in the City of Cincinnati. NSP is an annual process open only to these 51 neighborhood councils. Councils must submit an annual proposal that has been approved by residents living within that neighborhood.
For more information about NSP, click here.
Non-NSP or General Funds
Non-NSP or General Funds – The MWCC also has a general fund where monies can be made available through membership approval. Any person, entity, or organization seeking funding from the MWCC which does not intend to use NSP funds should download the Rules of Governance for Non-NSP Funds to find out how to obtain funds via membership approval.
Governance of Non-NSP Financial Matters – Policies and Procedures
- All requests for financial support from MWCC must first be presented to the Board of Directors. All funding requests must be for activities that have not occurred prior to the meeting with the Board.
- All requests for financial support must be in writing and contain a detailed budget listing all projected expenses and income for the project. All requests must also be accompanied by a written description of the project.
- The Board of Directors will vote on each budget request and its recommendations will be presented to the members for their approval/denial at the next membership meeting following the Board of Directors meeting.
- Following completion of the event, a final budget of the program including all receipts and documentation must be submitted to the MWCC Treasurer within thirty (30) days after the completion of event unless otherwise approved by the Board or membership.
- In the event a funded activity does not occur for whatever reason, reimbursement and/or disbursement of the previously approved funds will be at the discretion of the membership.
- If the final expenditures for a pre-approved budget item for the event are less than the approved reimbursement amount, the unspent funds will not be reallocated to another budget item for the event without Board or membership approval and unspent monies will be returned to the MWCC.
- Failure to comply with these Policies and Procedures may result in nonpayment of expenses